Concentric Tubular Electrolyzers
Chlor Generators offers the complete range of Concentric Tubular Electrolyzers for seawater electrochlorination, whether New, Replacement, or Refurbished. We offer two types:
- Conventional Concentric Tubular Electrolyzers
- THREE TUBE SAFETY Concentric Tubular Electrolyzers
- These are also known as Plate Electrolyzers or CTE Electrolyzers.
- Input medium: Seawater of natural composition.
- Ideal application: Small to large capacity offshore electrochlorination systems.
- Available in single modules of: 1, 2.5, 5, & 6 kg Cl2/h.
- NB: Any in-between capacity also available.
- Modules can be combined into any capacity, for example, 2 ~ 1,000 kg Cl2/h assemblies.
- NB: Each module comes as a complete ready-to-use assembly: Plug and Play format.
- Max hypo concentration not to exceed 800 mg/l Cl2. Higher concentrations will cause unnecessary strain and potential problems which apply to all CTE’s regardless of the brand name or make.
- De-scaling maintenance: Auto self-cleaning. Does not require regular acid washing to remove calcium and magnesium deposits.
- Electrode type and materials: Bi-polar electrodes constructed from uncoated titanium cathodes and MMO coated titanium anodes (NB: MMO = mixed metal oxides of the halogen group).
- All other construction materials: uPVC or optional cPVC, EPDM o-rings, optional VITON o-rings, VITON “button” spacers.
- Operational life warranty: 5 years continuous use (although it may operate for almost 7 years).
- Optional: Designed for either land-based or offshore applications.
- Optional: Designed for either arctic or average/tropical temperature seawater.
- Optional: Designed for either safe area or ATEX Hazardous Area Zones 1 or 2.
The advantage of THREE TUBE SAFETY concentric tubular ELECTROLYZERS is that it resolves all the design faults and operational & maintenance problems associated with conventional concentric tubular ELECTROLYZERS. It is expected, for obvious reasons, that THREE TUBE SAFETY concentric tubular ELECTROLYZERS will become the industry standard of the future.
THREE TUBE SAFETY concentric tubular ELECTROLYZERS are in principle identical to conventional concentric tubular ELECTROLYZERS but differ as follows:
- conventional concentric tubular ELECTROLYZERS are made up of two tubes: an INNER and OUTER titanium tube (the electrodes).
- THREE TUBE SAFETY concentric tubular ELECTROLYZERS are made up of three tubes: the same INNER and OUTER titanium tubes but also including an additional OUTER PVC tube covering both titanium tubes.
Conventional Concentric Tubular Electrolyzer
THREE TUBE SAFETY Concentric Tubular Electrolyzer
60 kg Cl2/h THREE TUBE SAFETY Concentric Tubular Electrolyzer assembly
Copyright Chlor Generators Ltd. 2020 / All Rights Reserved